Coronavirus (COVID-19) Client Safety Precautions
At Help in the Home, the safety of our clients is our number one priority. At a minimum we are reassessing daily what precautions need to be put into place to keep our community safe. The following guidelines have been put in place until further notice.
While our Supported Living Community is not a Long- Term Care Facility or Group Home, we are following the CDC Guidelines for them in order to be proactive in this situation.
Prevent the introduction of respiratory germs INTO your facility
- Post signs at the entrance instructing visitors not to visit if they have symptoms of respiratory infection.
- Ensure sick leave policies allow employees to stay home if they have symptoms of respiratory infection.
Prevent the spread of respiratory germs WITHIN your facility
- Keep residents and employees informed.
- Monitor residents and employees for fever or respiratory symptoms.
- Support hand and respiratory hygiene, as well as cough etiquette by residents, visitors, and employees.
- Identify dedicated employees to care for COVID-19 patients and provide infection control training.
- Provide the right supplies to ensure easy and correct use of PPE.
In addition to the items recognized by the CDC, we are also suggesting the following ways of prevention to our clients both in the SLC and ISS:
- Plenty of Rest
- Good Nutrition — Lemon water, Green Smoothies 🙂
- Fresh air and exercise — Walks are great 🙂
- Hand washing
- Coughing / Sneezing into tissue — Discard tissue and wash hands
- Disinfect frequently touched areas at least twice daily (Doorknobs, Handrails, Shared Phones )
Limit contact with others:
- Clients are NOT going into group homes and assisted livings
- Clients are NOT going to day programs
- Clients are NOT going to crowded areas- grocery stores, mall, etc
- Clients and staff are NOT using mass public transportation
- No handshakes, hugs, kisses on the head or even Elbow bumps.
- We will not be holding any outside tours but we are able to schedule virtual tours.
- We are committed to eliminating all non-critical face to face appointments for clients both in the Supported Living Community and through Individual Support Services. We are implementing Virtual Support Plans – via phone/skype or video calls – for all other communications/meetings. In addition, we are eliminating community members and staff using public transportation.
- Staff on site at the Supported Living Community is only essential to maintain those 24hr supports for those living in the community, as well as for medically necessary appointments. Should the community need to be quarantined, we have identified at least 2 staff members that would be able to remain on site with clients to ensure their needs continue to be met. Staff on site are being diligent about cleaning and wiping down surfaces in townhouses. We have all necessary supplies at this time, and will continue to stock supplies as needed.
- We are asking that all clients refrain from going to work or appointments that are not medically necessary.
- We will follow CDC protocols for how to address infection and testing: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/testing.html. We are continuing to monitor clients for symptoms within the Supported Living Community. We are reminding our Individual Support Services clients to monitor for symptoms when we do our check-ins with them as well.
- We are asking that all clients in the Supported Living Community put family visits on hold right now to help flatten the curve.
If you have any questions or concerns about our plan, feel free to reach out to Stacy and Rayetta at (866)-967-9994.