We started small in the beginning with two houses, four clients, and five staff. Since then, we’ve grown exponentially with a team of passionate professionals who help our clients find their joy while creating community with the individuals and families living with a SMI.
We work as one big diverse team with each person approaching their role with the heart of a servant leader. We promote the idea of servant leadership. We value a warm and enthusiastic culture, where people are dependable and show gratitude to one another. We model commitment, hard work and motivate others to achieve their best. Working together as one big team gives space for us to be like an extended family to each other.
We honor each person’s individuality and what they bring to the Help in the Home family. We may have diversity in who we are, but we all have the same heart when it comes to serving others. We all share the same core values and see the beauty of who people are, fully and completely, without reservation.
Characteristics of a Help in the Home Team Member
To thrive at Help in the Home, working together as a team is just as important as working independently. Help in the Home team members are creative problem solvers who are driven by their passion to serve others excellently and faithfully. They are hard workers, but are also capable of finding joy. Our team members strive for excellence but understand the pitfalls of perfectionism. They have enough self-awareness to laugh at themselves because when we take ourselves too seriously we miss opportunities to find joy in the imperfections.
When we think about the key characteristics of our team members, our list grows and evolves as we do. But all of our team members embody these characteristics:
- They are reliable
- They engage proactively
- They are flexible
- They know their role and help other team members
- They are understanding
- They are servant leaders
- They are always checking in
- They are supportive
- They are clear communicators
- They are always willing to learn
- Their ultimate goal is to see the team succeed
- They are not in it for themselves, they are in it for the team
- They are consistent in what they do
- They are always smiling
- They are dependable
- They are intentional with their actions
- They are open to receiving help and know when to ask for help
- They are self-aware
- They are open to new ideas and strategies
- They have the ability to take constructive feedback
Our Guiding Principles
Over the years as Help in the Home grew and evolved, our core values and guiding principles remained at the forefront of who we are, who we serve, and our growing team extends our vision for joy and heart in all that we do. We are proud that our guiding principles, listed below, have remained at the heart of who we are.
- We define success as a person being able to maintain stability over time.
- We believe people are more than a diagnosis. We support them to achieve their fullest potential through building on their strengths and interests.
- We collaborate with clients, families and professionals to find individualized ways to serve each person.
- We are client-centered and team-guided.
- We believe EVERYONE, regardless of ability, deserves to be cared for with dignity and respect.
- We believe healing and growth comes from a process where we learn from our mistakes and accept ourselves as we are.
- We value a warm and enthusiastic culture, where people are dependable and show gratitude to one another.
- We work well as a team and individually.
- We value the safety of clients and staff.
- We model commitment, hard work and motivate others to achieve.
Join the Help in the Home Team
After thirteen years in business, we are still here to demonstrate that people with serious mental illness can share their lives, build a community where they belong, feel loved, and bring joy to their lives and their families. We are making a difference in our community and with our clients, and that is so rewarding!
Creating the ideal team means that we are always looking for people who share our core values. If Help in the Home feels like home to you, we want you to join our amazing community. We encourage you to check out our job listings and apply!